Regina, which is located in the south-central area of Saskatchewan, is the capital of the province. This city covers an area of 118.4 square kilometers. Until 2017, there were about 228,000 residents and became the 16th largest city in Canada. Being one of the biggest cities in Saskatchewan, a large number of people are interested in the Regina Immigration.
Why should you immigrate to Regina?
1. Quality of life
Like many other cities in Canada, the quality of life in Regina is high. The City Government provides a lot of inclusive, affordable services and programs for all inhabitants such as arts and crafts, or sport and fitness. More than that, if you do not have your own car, you can apply to the Bike Program which gives you free used bike or register to the Bus Discount Program to get the lower bus fees monthly. Besides, safety is the thing that the authorities set high priority. As a result, in a survey conducted by Mainstreet Research, Regina was in the top 10 safest cities in Canada.
Regina is the sunniest capital city in Canada. It has four seasons, including spring, summer, autumn (fall) and winter. Average temperatures range from 23°C in summer (73°F) to -11°C (12°F) in winter. The average daily temperature for the year is 3.1 °C (37.6 °F).
3. Economy and employment
Oil and natural gas are some of the primary industries in Regina. Nowadays, the refinery of the area can produce 103,000 barrels per day, and with the price of oil is higher day by day, the oil industry is in the prospect position.
The working environment in Regina is diverse and equal. Employees are encouraged to respect different perspectives and ideas. Moreover, it has the City of Regina’s Reward and Recognition programs to nominate those who do a good job, go above and beyond the call of duty and those who achieve excellence.
Regina students receive largely supported by the Government from the kindergartens until they complete their high school diplomas. When they go to the undergraduate programs, they can choose one out of three educational centers: Saskatchewan PolytechnicOpens, the University of Regina and the First Nations University of Canada.
The University of Regina is the most popular and the best in this area. The university place in the top 10 best universities in Canada, the top 200 Young University Rankings 2019 (Times Higher Education). The university specializes in journalism, communication, statistics, and insurance.
How to immigrate to Regina?
As a part of Saskatchewan, the Regina Immigration process is the same as the provincial immigration program named the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SNIP).
There are four main streams of the SNIP, including:
For skilled workers abroad who want to work and live in Saskatchewan. There are three sub-categories:
- Employment Offer – for those who already have job offers from Saskatchewan employers.
- Occupation In-Demand – for those who have not have the job offers yet but your skills are in an in-demand occupation in the province
- Express Entry – for those who do not belong to the other two sub-categories but you have already been in the Federal’s Express Entry system.
For foreign nationals who are currently living and working in Saskatchewan, including six sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker With Existing Work Permit – for those you are skilled workers with the existing work permits.
- Semi-skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit – for those who are agriculture workers with existing work permits in General Farm Worker or Nursery/Greenhouse Worker.
- Health Professionals – for those who apply as nurses, physicians or other health professionals
- Hospitality Sector Project – for those who apply as a worker in the hospitality sector.
- Long-Haul Truck Driver Project – for those who apply as long-haul truck drivers.
- Students – for those who have graduated from recognized post-secondary institutions in Canada.
For entrepreneurs who plan to start a business in Saskatchewan.
4. Farm Category:
For experienced farmers who plan to buy and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
Get help with Regina immigration information
If you have any questions or need assistance in preparing information for immigrating to Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us through Immilist to get help. Our website provides an amount of information related to immigration to Canada, including Regina, which can help you understand clearly about the program you apply.
canada immigrationhow to immigrate to CanadaHow To Immigrate To Saskatchewanimmigration to Canadajobs in Reginajobs in Saskatchewanlife in Reginalife in SaskatchewanRegina ImmigrationSaskatchewan Experience CategorySaskatchewan Immigration