Newfoundland and Labrador is an economic-developed Eastern province of Canada. In general, it concentrates on the services industry such as finance, healthcare or public administration. Besides, other factors like mining, oil production, manufacturing or tourism are outstanding, too. As a result, more and more people want to immigrate to Canada, and the Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry stream is popularly considered.
About Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry
Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry is the category that lies under the Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program. The special thing about this category is that it is aligned with the Express Entry of Federal, so if you want to apply to this stream, you must be accepted in the Federal Express Entry system prior.
Who are eligible for the Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry?
To be eligible, you must:
- Be accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates by using the Express Entry system. You can find out more about Express Entry, what are the requirements and how to apply here.
- Have a high-skilled job or job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer under the National Occupational Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B
- Have work permit from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for at least 4 months.
- Hold a Canadian secondary or post-secondary degree (or equivalent qualification certified by an approved agency)
- Have enough money for you and your family to settle down in Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Score at least 67 points out of 100 on the PNP point assessment grid.
- Have the intention to live in NP and have enough sufficient funds for this.
What is the process for Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry?
After being in the Express Entry pool of candidates (how to apply for Express Entry), you then apply for Newfoundland and Labrador Province Nomination Program (NLPLP). To do this, first, you create an account on the online system. Then, you will be ranked by five factors, including Education and training, Skilled work experience, Language ability, Age, and Connection(s) to the Newfoundland and Labrador labor market and adaptability. If you are successful, you will receive an invitation to apply. Next, you prepare all the documents and mail them to the Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism of Government of Newfoundland & Labrador. Once you are nominated, you will plus 600 points in your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) so that you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.
Next, you sign in to your account and click the link to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry. There are some more documents you need to prepare. After submitting, you just need to wait for the outcome.
The forms and documents checklist
- Provincial Forms
- Federal Forms
- IMM 7000 – Application for Permanent Residence: Guide for Provincial Nominees
- IMM 0008 – Generic Application Form for Canada
- IMM 0008DEP – Additional Dependants/Declaration Form
- IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 4 – Schedule 4: Economic Classes: Provincial Nominees
- IMM 5669 – Schedule A Background/Declaration
- IMM 5406 – Additional Family Information
- IMM 5409 – Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
- IMM 5476 – Use of a Representative
- IMM 5562 – Supplementary Information Your Travels
- IMM 5604 – Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada Statutory
- IMM 5690 – Document Checklist
- Additional documents for permanent residence process:
- Police certificates
- Medical exams
- Proof of funds
Why should you choose the Express Entry category rather than the other categories?
The Express Entry category has some advantages if comparing to other categories, such as:
- You do not need to have a job offer when you apply to the Federal Express Entry system.
- When you are in the Express Entry pool of candidates, you may approach to the variety of employers, so you can easily choose which one best fits you.
- Most of the steps are done online, so you can save your time and money.
- The processing time is up to six months, it is a very short time if you compare to other categories in the provincial nominee program.
How much does the process cost?
You have to pay for the application for Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry CAD$250, processing your permanent residence application and other requirements such as medical checkups or language test.
Get help with Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry information
If you have any questions or need assistance in preparing information for immigrating to Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us through Immilist to get help. Our website provides an amount of information related to immigration to Canada, including Newfoundland and Labrador Express Entry, which can help you understand clearly about the program you apply.canada immigrationExpress Entry Labour Market StreamExpress Entry poolExpress Entry Skilled WorkerExpress Entry Skilled Worker Streamhow to immigrate to CanadaHow to immigrate to Newfoundland and Labradorlife in Newfoundland and LabradorNewfoundland and Labrador Express EntryNewfoundland and Labrador ImmigrationNewfoundland and Labrador Immigration lawyer