Nowadays, the Canadian government has recognized the fact that they should find more foreign workers who satisfy future labor market requirements to help their country ensure long-term economic growth and prosperity.
What is Express Entry (EE)?
To develop the economy, the Canadian government launched the Express Entry Immigration System to attract skilled foreign workers who desire to become a Permanent Resident (PR) or a Canadian citizen. Express Entry is a selection immigration system used for managing skilled and qualified applicants who meet the eligibility requirements of Canada. This application simplifies the procedure, which allows candidates to complete and submit the application forms entirely online instead of paperwork as we’d been before. With potential skilled foreign workers such as candidates who get the highest-ranking score, Express Entry will be able to respond in fast processing times of six months or less.
The Government of Canada uses the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS), which is the points-based system, to score applicants’ profiles and rank them in the Express Entry pool. This system is used as a cut-off point which ranks based on the following main information in candidates’ profile including career, educational history, language proficiency in English or French, and previous work experience. If you want to be eligible for the potential PR, you must possess the relevant qualifications to satisfy the criteria under at least one of three federal economic immigration programs including:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
The more points you gain, the more chance you can get to receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). This will allow you to apply for permanent residence.
2. EE is one of the best chances to immigrate into Canada
Intending to encourage the talented foreign workers to become a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, the government released EE policy to appeal to the skilled and qualified youth, which is really attractive prospect owing to some reasons:
- This is a great chance to immigrate for the younger people who don’t have relatives to follow the relative visa, enough assets, capital to seek an investment-based green card or disqualified for the study visa.
- Thanks to EE, the procedure is not only simplified but also optimized to evaluate and score fairly, which is useful for the gifted all around the world.
- EE use CSR as the points-based system monitored by supervises, which evaluate most particularly and accurately.
3. Which criteria foreign workers must need?
As the factors mentioned above, improving our academic scores, participating in extracurricular activities and gaining experience from multiple jobs would likely increase our chances of getting an immigration permit.
- Educational background: This program is mainly for bachelors who graduate from any university, so they should have excellent achievement which plays an essential role in assessing quality and efficiency.
- Previous work experience: Candidates should be senior workforces who had worked in a position at least 6 months to have a thorough grasp of all problems in this field. For the reason that CRS ranks according to work experience in the past, expertise in certain fields will be an advantage for the government to believe that you have enormous potential for growing the Canadian economy.
- Language proficiency in English or French: Applicants must prepare appropriate certificates such as IELTS, CELPIP or TEF, whose scores will be compared to the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) standard, a descriptive scale of language ability. This supports to evaluate the level of language proficiency which is also scored in CRS. The higher the level of certificate they have, the more points they gain.