SWAP Working Holidays Brings A Great Way To Explore Canada

SWAP Working Holidays Brings A Great Way To Explore Canada

December 11, 2019

Spending some time living and working in another country can be a memorable and worthwhile experience for most people. Through this time, people not only learn more for their future career but also can be more mature and more easily adapt to the changeable world. Understanding this, the SWAP Working Holidays organizes the exchange program to help people pursue this dream. 

What is the SWAP Working Holidays?

SWAP Working Holidays is a not-for-profit organization that was established in 1975. The main aim of the organization is to help young Canadians to work and live in another country for a short period of time and vice versa. Moreover, the SWAP Working Holidays is the recognized organization (RO) in the International Experience Canada (IEC) program of the Government of Canada.

Who is eligible for the exchange program of the SWAP Working Holidays?

To be eligible for the exchange program, you must:

  • Be from 18 – 35 years old.
  • From an IEC country/territory or the United States. 
  • Be sure not to bring dependants under the IEC program. However, they may apply to visit, study or work in Canada. 

How to apply

The application is the same as the IEC program application. You need to submit your profile to the IEC pool. To do that, you first complete the Come to Canada questionnaire and get your personal reference code. Next, you create your Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) account and use the personal reference code to start your application. If you are accepted, you will receive an invitation to apply (ITA). At this stage, you need to fill out all the information and upload all the forms required. Plus, you need to pay the participation fee of CAD$150 online through your IRCC account.  In some cases, you need to take biometrics, and you will have 30 days to complete the action. Then, you will wait up to 56 days for the outcome. Once you are successful, IRCC will send a Port of Entry Letter to your account, and the remaining thing you need to do is just to bring this letter with you to Canada.

Types of jobs SWAP Working Holidays offer

There are two types of work permit the organization can offer:

  • Working Holiday (open work permit): You can work for any eligible employer in Canada. This type is suitable for those who:
    • Do not have a job offer yet
    • Want to work for more than one employer in Canada
    • Want to work in more than one location
    • Want to earn some money so that you can travel
  • Young Professionals (employer-specific work permit) for career development: You can only work to one specific employer in a specific length of time. This is suitable for people who:
    • Have a job offer in Canada that contributes to your professional development
    • Want to work for the same employer in the same location during your stay in Canada

Get help with SWAP Working Holidays

If you have any questions or need assistance in preparing information for immigrating to Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us through Immilist to get help. Our website provides an amount of information related to working and immigration to Canada, including the exchange programs provided by the SWAP Working Holidays, to help you understand clearly the programs you apply.


Leave a Reply

Related Stories

September 26, 2019

Federal Skilled Trade Program

December 15, 2019

Ontario Express Entry – The Way To Permanent Residency

October 25, 2019

Manitoba Graduate Internship Pathway