Prince Edward Island is a small province which is located in the East of Canada. With its advantages in geography and climate, it has been known for seasonal industries such as agriculture, tourism or the fishery. However, since over the last decade, this province significantly developed in innovation. Some keys areas are aerospace, bioscience, IT and communication. Because of its development, nowadays, more people are interested in immigrating to this province, and Prince Edward Island Express Entry is the category that a lot of people consider.
About Prince Edward Island Express Entry
Prince Edward Island Express Entry is the category that lies under the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program. The special thing about this category is that it is aligned with the Express Entry of Federal, so if you want to apply to this stream, you must be accepted in the Federal Express Entry system.
Who are eligible for this program?
The only requirement is that you just need to be accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates by using the Express Entry system (you can find out more about Express Entry, what are the requirements and how to apply here). You will have more advantages if you have a job offer from a Prince Edward Island employer, but it is not compulsory.
What is the process for Prince Edward Island Express Entry?
After being in the Express Entry pool of candidates (how to apply for Express Entry), you then apply for Prince Edward Island Province Nomination Program (NLPLP). To do this, first, you create an account on the Expression of Interest system. Then, you will be ranked by six factors, including Age, Language, Education, Work experience, Employment (who have a job offer in Prince Edward Island can gain more score in this criteria), and Adaptability. If your score is high enough, you will receive an invitation to apply. Next, you prepare all the documents and mail them to the Office of Immigration. Once you are nominated, you will plus 600 points in your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) so that you will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residence.
Next, you sign in to your account and click the link to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry. There are some more documents you need to prepare. After submitting, you just need to wait for the outcome.
The forms and documents checklist
- Provincial Forms
- EE-1: Express Entry Application Form
- EE-2: Express Entry Consent to Validate
- EE-3: Express Entry Information Release Form for Applicant and Spouse
- EE-4: Provincial Representative Form
- Federal Forms
- IMM 0008 – Generic Application Form for Canada
- IMM 0008DEP – Additional Dependants/Declaration Form
- IMM 5669 – Schedule A Background/Declaration
- IMM 5406 – Additional Family Information
- IMM 5409 – Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union
- IMM 5476 – Use of a Representative
- IMM 5562 – Supplementary Information Your Travels
- Additional documents for permanent residence process:
- Police certificates
- Medical exams
- Proof of funds
Why should you choose the Express Entry category rather than the other categories?
The Express Entry category has some advantages if comparing to other categories, such as:
- You do not need to have a job offer when you apply to both the Federal Express Entry system and Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program.
- When you are in the Express Entry pool of candidates, you may approach the variety of employers, so you can easily choose which one best fits you.
- Most of the steps are done online, so you can save your time and money.
- The processing time is up to six months, it is a very short time if you compare to other categories in the provincial nominee program.
How much does the process cost?
You have to pay CAD$300 for the application, processing your permanent residence application and other requirements such as medical checkups or language test.
Get help with Prince Edward Island Express Entry information
If you have any questions or need assistance in preparing information for immigrating to Canada, please do not hesitate to contact us through Immilist to get help. Our website provides an amount of information related to immigration to Canada, including Prince Edward Island Express Entry, which can help you understand clearly about the program you apply.canada immigrationExpress EntryExpress Entry Labour Market StreamExpress Entry poolExpress Entry Skilled WorkerExpress Entry Skilled Worker Streamhow to immigrate to CanadaHow to immigrate to Prince Edward IslandJobs in Prince Edward Islandlife in Prince Edward IslandPrince Edward Island Express EntryPrince Edward Island ImmigrationPrince Edward Island immigration lawyerSkilled Worker in PEI