The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 7293 is for Insulators
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in insulating is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for insulators (heat and frost) is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified insulators (heat and frost) upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 7293 – Insulators
- Apprentice insulator
- Asbestos insulator
- Boat and ship insulator
- Boiler and pipe insulator
- Boiler insulator
- Building insulator
- Cork insulation installer
- Fibreglass insulation installer
- Fire protection insulator
- Firestopping insulator
- Foamed insulation applicator
- Heat and frost insulator
- Insulation applicator
- Insulation installer
- Insulation mechanic
- Insulator apprentice
- Journeyman/woman insulator
- Pipe insulator
- Plastic insulation applicator
- Refrigeration and air conditioning equipment insulator
- Residential insulation installer
- Sound insulator
- Soundproof material installer