The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 7272 is for Cabinetmakers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school or college courses in cabinetmaking is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified cabinetmakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 7272 – Cabinetmakers
- Cabinetmaker apprentice
- Custom frame and mirror assembler
- Custom piano case maker
- Custom wood furniture maker
- Custom wooden desk maker
- Furniture cabinetmaker
- Jig builder – wood products manufacturing
- Journeyman/woman cabinetmaker
- Layout marker – cabinetmaking
- Pattern repairman/woman – foundry
- Tradesman/woman cabinetmaker
- Wood furniture and fixtures patternmaker
- Wood model maker
- Wood mould maker
- Wood pattern inspector
- Wood pattern repairman/woman – foundry
- Wood patternmaker