The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 7251 is for Plumbers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in plumbing is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Manitoba, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified plumbers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 7251 – Plumbers
- Apprentice plumber
- Journeyman/woman plumber
- Maintenance and repair plumber
- Maintenance and repair plumber (non-construction)
- Maintenance plumber
- Marine plumber
- Plumber – pipefitting
- Plumber apprentice
- Plumbing installer
- Plumbing mechanic
- Radiator plumber
- Residential construction plumber