The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 7242 is for Industrial electricians
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- or five-year industrial electrician apprenticeship program or a combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in industrial electrical equipment is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for industrial electricians is compulsory in Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Manitoba and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Ontario, British Columbia and the Yukon.
- Additional construction electrician certification may be required for industrial electricians when the employers are not owners of the industrial electrical equipment.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified industrial electricians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 7242 – Industrial electricians
- Apprentice industrial electrician
- Apprentice marine electrician
- Diesel electrician – railway
- Electric signal repairer – railway
- Electrical repairer – crane maintenance
- Electrician – rail transport
- Industrial electrical repairer
- Industrial electrician
- Industrial electrician apprentice
- Industrial electrician lead hand
- Journeyman/woman industrial electrician
- Machine shop electrical repairer
- Maintenance electrician – industrial
- Marine electrician
- Marine equipment electrician
- Marine wireman/woman
- Mill electrician
- Mine electrician
- Plant electrician
- Plant maintenance electrician
- Railway signal installer
- Railway signal maintainer
- Rig electrician
- Ship’s electrician
- Ship’s electrician – shipbuilding and repair
- Ship’s electrician – water transport
- Shipyard electrician