The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program is usually required.
- Trade certification for construction electricians is compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Trade certification for electricians (domestic and rural) is compulsory in Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontario.
- Trade certification for electrical control (machine) builders is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified construction electricians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 7241 – Electricians (except industrial and power system)
- Apprentice construction electrician
- Apprentice electrician
- Building construction electrician
- Building electrician
- Construction and maintenance electrician
- Construction electrician
- Construction electrician apprentice
- Domestic and rural electrician
- Electrical fixtures installer
- Electrical wiring installer – construction
- Electrician – troubleshooter
- Institution electrician
- Journeyman/woman construction electrician
- Residential construction wirer
- Residential wireman/woman
- Wiring electrician