The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 6511 is for Maîtres d’hôtel and hosts/hostesses
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level C
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several weeks of on-the-job training are usually required.
- Maîtres d’hôtel requires experience as a formal or captain waiter/waitress or other food service experience.
List of Job Titles for NOC 6511 – Maîtres d’hôtel and hosts/hostesses
- Chief host/hostess – food services
- Dining room host/hostess
- Host/hostess – food service
- Host/hostess – restaurant or cocktail lounge
- Maître d’
- Maître d’hôtel
- Restaurant host/hostess