The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 6346 is for Funeral directors and embalmers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program is usually required for funeral directors.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program and a twelve- to twenty-month practical apprenticeship program during or following the educational program or completion of a three-year college program is required for embalmers.
- Funeral directors require licensure in most provinces and territories.
- Funeral directors may be required to be licensed embalmers depending on provincial requirements.
- Embalmers require licensure in all provinces.
List of Job Titles for NOC 6346 – Funeral directors and embalmers
- Apprentice embalmer
- Assistant funeral director
- Embalmer apprentice
- Funeral director
- Funeral home director
- Funeral services director
- Undertaker assistant