The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 6342 – Tailors, dressmakers, furriers, and milliners
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school may be required.
- Tailors and dressmakers require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit men’s or women’s garments and may require completion of college or other courses in tailoring or dressmaking.
- Furriers require several years of experience in selecting pelts and making, fitting, styling and altering fur garments and accessories.
- Milliners require demonstrated ability to sew, style and fit hats and caps.
- Alterationists require demonstrated ability to sew, alter and repair garments.
List of Job Titles for NOC 6342 – Tailors, dressmakers, furriers, and milliners
- Alterations dressmaker
- Alterations seamstress
- Custom fur joiner
- Custom furrier
- Custom tailor
- Fur remodeller
- Fur repair estimator
- Fur repairman/woman
- Fur tailor
- Garment alterationist
- Garment fitter
- Garment repair seamstress
- Garment sample maker
- Made-to-measure garment tailor
- Master tailor
- Men’s garment alterations tailor
- Millinery maker
- Ready-to-wear garment tailor
- Shop tailor
- Tailor supervisor
- Women’s garment alterations seamstress
- Women’s garment custom seamstress
- Women’s hat maker – milliner