The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 6231 – Insurance agents and brokers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training and insurance industry courses and training programs are provided and are required for employment.
- Licensure by the insurance governing body in the province or territory of employment is required.
List of Job Titles for NOC 6231 – Insurance agents and brokers
- Automobile insurance agent
- Automobile insurance salesman/woman
- District supervisor – insurance office
- Field agent – insurance
- Fire insurance agent
- Fire insurance salesman/woman
- General insurance representative
- Group insurance representative
- Insurance agent
- Insurance agent supervisor
- Insurance broker
- Insurance sales agent
- Insurance sales representative
- Insurance sales supervisor
- Insurance salesman/woman
- Life insurance agent
- Life insurance representative
- Life insurance salesman/woman