The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 4422 is for Correctional service officers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level C
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Post-secondary education in correctional services, police studies or criminology may be required.
- Correctional officer recruits must successfully complete the Correctional Service of Canada training course to be employed by federal institutions.
- Correctional officer recruits are usually required to complete a basic training course to be employed by provincial/territorial institutions.
- Physical agility, strength and fitness requirements must be met.
- Correctional service supervisors require experience as a correctional service officer.
- First aid certification and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) training are usually required.
List of Job Titles for NOC 4422 – Correctional service officers
- Convict guard
- Correctional facility guard
- Correctional institution guard
- Correctional institution head matron
- Correctional officer
- Correctional officers supervisor
- Correctional service officer
- Correctional services unit supervisor
- Corrections officer
- Detention attendant
- Detention guard
- Escort – correctional services
- Head correctional officer
- Head matron – correctional service
- Institution guard – correctional service
- Jail guard
- Matron – correctional service
- Penal institution guard
- Penitentiary guard
- Prison guard
- Prison officer
- Reformatory guard