The National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 4421 is for Sheriffs and bailiffs
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level C
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma or bachelor’s degree in legal studies is usually required.
- Sheriffs require experience as a deputy sheriff or bailiff and/or in custodial/escort or security work.
- Bailiffs usually require some work experience related to law enforcement as well as knowledge of relevant statutes and laws.
- Membership in the provincial regulatory body is mandatory in Quebec.
List of Job Titles for NOC 4421 – Sheriffs and bailiffs
- Automobile repossessor
- Car repossessor
- Chief deputy sheriff
- Chief sheriff
- Court bailiff
- Court enforcement officer
- Deputy sheriff
- District sheriff
- Private bailiff
- Process server
- Sheriff’s bailiff
- Sheriff’s officer
- Writ server – bailiff