the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 4152 is for Social workers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- A bachelor’s degree in social work is required in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut.
- In Alberta, a bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work is required.
- Supervised practical experience is usually required.
- Successful completion of provincial written and oral examinations may be required.
- Registration with a provincial governing body is mandatory to practice as a social worker in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, and British Columbia.
- Use of the titles “Social Worker” and “Registered Social Worker” is regulated in all provinces.
- Membership in a provincial association of social workers is usually required.
List of Job Titles for NOC 4152 – Social workers
- addiction social worker
- case management consultant – social work
- case management social worker
- case work consultant – social work
- casework supervisor – social work
- caseworker – social work
- certified social worker
- child welfare social worker
- children’s aid investigator
- co-ordinator of social work
- family social worker
- geriatric social worker
- group social worker
- human relations officer – social work
- intake worker – social services
- medical social worker
- psychiatric social worker
- registered social worker
- school social worker
- social casework consultant
- social work co-ordinator
- social work officer
- social work supervisor
- social worker
- social workers supervisor