In Canada immigration application, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 3222 is for Dental hygienists and dental therapists job titles.
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Dental hygienists are required to complete a college program ranging from one to three years, or other approved program in dental hygiene recognized by the governing board within the province or territory of residence.
- Dental therapists are required to complete a two- to three- year college diploma or equivalent credentials from an approved dental institution or complete the dental therapy diploma program offered by the First Nations University of Canada in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan.
- Licensing by the appropriate provincial or territorial regulatory body is required for dental hygienists.
- Licensure is required for dental therapists in Newfoundland and Labrador, Saskatchewan, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
List of Job Titles for NOC 3222 – Dental hygienists and dental therapists
- community dental hygienist
- dental hygiene technician
- dental hygienist
- dental hygienist technician
- dental nurse
- dental therapist
- expanded duty dental hygienist
- expanded duty dental nurse
- licensed dental therapist
- orthodontic hygienist
- periodontal hygienist
- registered dental hygienist
- registered dental therapist