In Canada immigration application, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 3212 is for Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants job titles
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Medical laboratory technicians/assistants require completion of a college certificate program in medical laboratory science.
- Certification by the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science is usually required by employers for medical laboratory technicians/assistants.
- Combined laboratory and X-ray technicians require completion of a combined laboratory X-ray technology program.
- Pathologists’ assistants require some post-secondary courses or a university degree in life sciences and specialized on-the-job training.
- Certification by the American Society for Clinical Pathology – Board of Certification or Pathologists’ Assistant Certification Examination is usually required by employers.
List of Job Titles for NOC 3212 – Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- biochemical technician – medical laboratory
- biological technician – medical laboratory
- blood bank technician
- cancer research technician
- clinical laboratory technician
- combined laboratory and x-ray technician
- community health technician – medical laboratory
- cytology technician
- epidemiology worker – medical laboratory
- hematology technician – medical laboratory
- histology technician
- laboratory assistant – medical
- laboratory technician – medical
- medical laboratory aide
- medical laboratory assistant
- medical laboratory helper
- medical laboratory technical assistant
- medical laboratory technician
- morgue attendant supervisor
- pathology assistant
- phlebotomy aide
- renal technician
- technical assistant – medical laboratory
- technical assistant – pathology