In Canada immigration application, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 3124 is for Allied primary health practitioners job titles
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- Nurse practitioners usually require a master’s degree in nursing; or completion of a nursing program with additional advanced or extended primary health care nursing education; and several years of practice as a registered nurse.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for nurse practitioners in all provinces and territories.
- Physician assistants require completion of a university degree in a physician assistant program.
- Physician assistants require registration with a regulatory body in Manitoba and New Brunswick.
- Midwives require completion of an undergraduate university degree program in midwifery or its equivalent and a period of supervised practical training.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required for midwives in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
List of Job Titles for NOC 3124 – Allied primary health practitioners job titles
- acute care nurse practitioner
- advanced nurse practitioner
- advanced practice nurse
- anesthesia assistant
- extended class registered nurse – nurse practitioner
- licensed midwife
- nurse practioner – adult care
- nurse practitioner
- nurse practitioner – anesthesia
- nurse practitioner – cardiology
- nurse practitioner – extended class
- nurse practitioner – pediatrics
- nurse practitioner – primary health care
- physician assistant
- primary health care nurse practitioner
- registered midwife (RM)
- registered nurse – extended class (RN-EC)