National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 2243 is for Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics job titles.
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level B
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four- or five-year apprenticeship program in industrial instrument repair or completion of a two-year college program in industrial instrumentation technology and several years of work experience are usually required for trade certification.
- Instrumentation and control technician trade certification is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories, except in Quebec.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified instrumentation and control technicians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 2243 – Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- apprentice industrial instrument mechanic
- apprentice instrument mechanic
- heavy water plant control technician
- industrial instrument mechanic
- industrial instrument panel repairer
- industrial instrument service technician
- industrial instrument technician
- industrial instrumentation and electrical technician
- industrial instrumentation technician
- industrial process control equipment repairer
- instrument maintenance mechanic
- instrument mechanic – utilities
- measurement technician – oil and gas installation
- nuclear generating station and heavy water plant control technician
- nucleonic controller repairer
- precision instrument mechanic
- process control equipment mechanic
- process control equipment repairer
- process control equipment service technician