National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 2173 is for Software engineers and designers
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
- Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
List of Job Titles for NOC – 2173 Software engineers and designers
- application architect
- artificial intelligence (AI) designer
- cloud administrator
- cloud architect
- cloud engineer
- computer applications engineer
- computer software engineer
- computer telecommunications software specialist
- embedded software engineer
- simulation software design engineer
- software architect
- software design engineer
- software design supervisor
- software design verification engineer
- software designer
- software engineer
- software systems designer
- software systems integration engineer
- software technical architect
- software testing engineer
- systems applications engineer
- systems architect
- systems engineer – software
- telecommunications software engineer
- telecommunications software specialist