National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 2142 is for Metallurgical and materials engineers job titles.
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- A bachelor’s degree in metallurgical, materials, ceramic or chemical engineering or in a related engineering discipline is required.
- A master’s degree or doctorate in a related engineering discipline may be required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, and after three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering and passing a professional practice examination.
List of Job Titles for NOC 2142 – Metallurgical and materials engineers
- ceramics engineer
- coal preparation consulting engineer
- corrosion engineer
- electrometallurgical engineer
- extractive engineer
- extractive metallurgy engineer
- foundry engineer
- hydrometallurgical engineer
- materials engineer
- metallurgical engineer
- physical metallurgical engineer
- pyrometallurgical engineer
- refining and metalworking engineer
- smelting plant engineer
- welding engineer