National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 2115 is for Other professional occupations in physical sciences
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- A bachelor’s degree in metallurgy, physics, chemistry, or a related physical science discipline is required.
- A master’s or doctoral degree is usually required for employment as a research scientist.
- Advanced degrees in a broad range of applied science areas, such as engineering or medicine or licences may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
List of Job Titles for NOC 2115 – Other professional occupations in physical sciences
- ballistics examiner
- extractive metallurgist
- firearms examiner
- firearms expert
- materials engineering scientist
- materials scientist
- physical metallurgist
- research metallurgist
- research scientist – ceramics
- research scientist – composite materials
- soil scientist