National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 2114 is for Meteorologists and climatologists job titles
NOC skill type/level: Skill Level A
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in meteorology, atmospheric sciences or in a related field is required.
- A doctoral degree is usually required for employment as a research scientist in meteorology.
- Formal training is provided by Environment Canada for operational meteorologists employed by the federal government.
- Membership in the Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society is available, but voluntary, for qualified meteorologists.
List of Job Titles for NOC 2114 – Meteorologists and climatologists job titles
- agricultural meteorologist
- air quality meteorologist
- applied meteorologist
- industrial meteorologist
- operational meteorologist
- physical meteorologist
- synoptic meteorologist
- weather forecaster