Ontario’s Provincial Nominee Program is called the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). Through this stream, prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a provincial nomination from Ontario, after which they can apply for Canadian permanent residence with the Government of Canada. In this blog, I will only introduce the OINP Employer Job Offer Stream. Through the Foreign Worker and International Student streams in OINP Employer Job Offer Stream, Ontario employers are able to nominate foreign workers and/or international students with an eligible job offer in Ontario. Potential applicants may be living abroad or in Canada at the time of applying.
About the OINP
Ontario provides some provincial programs in order to attract skilled employees and people who desire to live permanently in Ontario.
The OINP Employer Job Offer Stream provides this Foreign Worker Stream for foreign workers with an employer job offer in a skilled occupation in Ontario the capability to settle and work in the province.
Requirements for applicants :
- an approved full-time job and a permanent job offer in a “skilled occupation” classified under Canada’s National Occupation Classification (NOC) Type/Level 0, A, or B in Ontario
- a two-year-full-time of work experience in Canada or abroad.
Note: For self-employed applicants to apply for the employer job offer stream must show documentation related the work experience in the profession they want to apply in Ontario
- a legal status (a visitor record, study permit, or work permit) and should maintain that status until nomination (if residing in Canada at the time of applying).
This stream assists international students with job offers in Ontario to work and settle as permanent residents in the province.
Requirements for applicants:
- Already graduated from a full-time degree or diploma program, at an eligible Canadian college or university that takes at least two years to complete (on a full-time basis) OR a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete (on a full-time basis) and requires a complete degree as an admission requirement
- Apply within two years of completing their studies in an eligible Canadian college or university
- Already completed more than half of their studies while lawfully residing and studying in Canada
- an approved full-time job offer of indeterminate length in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, or B) in Ontario
- Hold the mandatory licensure or authorization required for the job at the time of applying
- Demonstrate the intention to reside in Ontario
- A legal status
This stream from OINP Employer Job Offer Stream targets foreign workers abroad or in Canada with a job offer in specific in-demand occupations, such as in agriculture or construction.
Requirements for applicants:
- Work Experience: a nine-month experience of paid, full-time (at least 30 hours of paid work per week that amounts to at least 1,200 hours per year) or the equivalent amount in part-time in Ontario, and must be in an eligible occupation. (Note: seasonal work experience is not eligible to meet the work experience requirement.)
- Education: Have completed the equivalent of a Canadian secondary school (high school) education or above, as demonstrated by a valid Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Valid certificate or license
- Language: Have an English or a French-language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4 or above in all language competencies (reading, writing, listening, and speaking). Language ability must be proved with valid language test results from the following government-approved organizations: IELTS for English, TEF, and TCF for France.
- Settlement Funds: Have sufficient funds and/or income in Ontario to cover the settlement costs, such as bank statements, annual earnings from ongoing employment in Ontario, and/or a job offer in Ontario.
- An intention to reside in Ontario
- Legal Status
Ties To Ontario
You also need to show your ties to Ontario as an intention to reside in Ontario for the OINP Employer Job Offer Stream´s requirements, such as
- Current and/or previous employment in Ontario
- Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario
- Education in Ontario
- Volunteer work in Ontario
The employer also has some requirements to be the employer in the OINP Employer Job Offer Stream:
- Active business for at least three years.
- Business premises in Ontario where the applicant will work
- If the applicant will be working inside the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $1,000,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year
- Five permanent full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (per position to be filled each calendar year) at the location where the applicant will work.
- If the applicant will be working outside of the Greater Toronto Area, the employer must have:
- A minimum of $500,000 in gross annual revenue for the most recent fiscal year
- Three permanent, full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents (per position to be filled each calendar year) at the location where the applicant will work.